The Telluride Adaptive Sports Program is extremely proud to have remained open for the duration of both Summer 2020 and Winter 2021 seasons! With a commitment to transparent communication, diligent planning, programs and policies under constant review, TASP is here for another season offering you unmatched adaptive recreation. Being active, being outside and having opportunities to do so are more critically important now than ever before. These are still very tenuous and challenging times amongst the COVID-19 pandemic and participating in TASP programs is an incredibly individualized decision. If you feel this is the right time for you to participate, please consider some of the following parameters we have in place to protect you, us and our resort community this summer.
We ask all participants in all TASP programs to observe the 5 Commitments of COVID-19 Containment which include; (1) properly wearing over nose and mouth a multi layered face mask when required, (2) staying home when sick and getting tested, (3) maintain 6-feet of physical distance when possible, (4) minimize group size and (5) wash hands frequently. TASP holds its staff and volunteers to these same high standards. From here on out ‘participant’ refers to anyone attending a specific trip or program to include staff, volunteers, clients, family members, etc.
Getting vaccinated as soon as the opportunity is available is an important way for TASP and its partners to stay healthy and keep from spreading COVID-19. TASP recommends that every staff member, volunteer and participant be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as the opportunity is available and prior to registering for a TASP program. At this time we do not require full vaccination for participation in our day programs nor do we require a negative COVID-19 test within a certain timeframe. Multi-day full-care programs will have individually listed requirements for vaccination status and/or testing.
According to the CDC, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 2 weeks (14-days) after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson). Fully vaccinated participants are asked to show proof of vaccination on their registration paperwork.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR EVERYONE PARTICIPATING IN TASP PROGRAMS THIS SEASON:
- Health and Safety Orders: Please review current health and safety orders put forth by San Miguel County before planning your visit to Telluride and the surrounding region to ensure participating this summer is right for you; https://www.sanmiguelcountyco.gov/590/Coronavirus . Participants registering for programs in other counties will be referred to those orders at the time of registration.
- Know Before You Go: TASP endorses and practices all efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19 put forth by our greater resort community including the towns of Telluride and Mountain Village, lodging, dining, shopping, gondola and public transportation entities, city and county open space as well as all of our continuing adventure sport partnerships. Spread the love of our region, not the virus by visiting Telluride Tourism Board’s Know Before You Go page.
- Pre-Trip and Day-Of Health Screening: Anyone participating in TASP day trips, including family members, are required to complete the provided online health screening tool that follows at a minimum the currently accepted CDC symptoms of COVID-19 . This is to include entering at-home temperature check.Participants who enter no covid related symptoms pre-trip, but who show up with or present through the trip as having symptoms will be separated from TASP staff and other participants. Further participation that day will be suspended and a plan will be made to get the participant home as soon as possible. TASP will prorate trip cost by the half hour rounded up.
- Temperature Checks: At-home, self-taken temperature is one part of the health screen tool. This is to occur before you come to TASP. Temperatures of 100.4*F or greater will not be allowed to participate and CDC guidance will be followed for allowable return to TASP activity.
- Multi-Layer Cloth Face Coverings/Face Masks: Multi-layer cloth face coverings/masks are REQUIRED to be worn over nose and mouth when inside TASP owned facilities and vehicles unless otherwise noted. A ‘Buff’ style neck tube is acceptable if it is doubled over.
- Physically Distanced Non-Constant Touch Trips: Minimal physical assistance or emotional proximity is required for the majority of time on all TASP trips. Participants who require more constant physical or emotional proximity within 6-feet throughout the duration of the trip will require an adult family caregiver to join and actively participate in the trip.
- Transportation: TASP is able to provide limited vehicle transportation this season. Our vehicles are mandated to limit 75% of listed vehicle maximum capacity with masks required for all occupants and 6-feet of physical distancing when possible. If interested, please contact our office for TASP’s full Transportation Policy Summer 2021.
- Post Participation Communication with TASP: TASP is committed to and has practiced conservative tracing of any suspected direct contacts with COVID-19 during our shared adventure time together. It is imperative this communication happens privately, directly and immediately! Please join TASP in these shared communications of any possible positive COVID-19 direct contacts between staff member(s), participant(s) and household members. The CDC defines a close contact as someone who spends 15 minutes or more within six feet of a person with COVID-19 over a period of 24 hours. Tim McGough, Program Director, is TASP’s lead point of contact for all COVID-19 related inquiries or responses.
- Cancellation Policy: Please read our Cancellation & Illness policy.
In addition to the above parameters, participants and adjoining family members who are unvaccinated or are unable to show proof of full vaccination at time of registration are required to follow the additional parameters below;
Multi-Layer Cloth Face Coverings/Face Masks: Multi-layer cloth face coverings/masks are REQUIRED to be worn by TASP instructor(s) and participant(s) at all times if indoors and if a physical distance of 6-feet or more can not be maintained outside. If participant will not wear a facemask or needs help maintaining their facemask in proper position TASP will require an adult family caregiver to join and actively participate in the trip. All participants are encouraged to have their own double layered cloth face covering/mask but TASP will provide a one time use disposable face mask if participant(s) does not show up with one or needs theirs replaced through the duration of trip. TASP will also provide hand sanitizer for participant(s) in and near our facilities. (CDC link: Choosing the right face mask and properly wearing it)
- Read this agreement and please contact our office with any questions or concerns
- Unless otherwise noted, we are open and accepting registrations for our classic summer adventure activities of hiking, biking, fishing, rock climbing, flatwater paddling and so much more. Please spend some time reviewing our summer programs to choose the right adventure for you.
- Please contact the email@example.com a minimum 2-weeks in advance of your desired time with us to determine activity and date availability. Registrations closer in than that will be taken case-by-case. TASP can not facilitate day-of registrations.
- If participation criteria is agreed upon and can be met, and desired dates are available, TASP staff will provide you with a link to our inclusive online registration portal.
- A non-refundable down payment for requested activity date(s) is required at time of registration as well as a one time non-refundable registration fee. Please see cancellation policy. Your registration is complete once you have received a confirmation from us.
- A link will be provided to you via email for our health screening tool required to be completed minimum 3-days prior to scheduled activity. The health screen tool will also be sent to you as a reminder each day of and prior to participation with TASP. Presentation of Covid related symptoms will suspend planned activity with TASP for at least that day, CDC guidance for return to activity will be followed.
- Within 3-days out from your trip with TASP we will email you pertinent packing list for the day as well as specific logistics to a smooth and safe adventure, including transportation plan, size/fitting of equipment, projected weather, lead instructors name, etc. All food, snacks and water are the responsibility of participants this season.